Many of our students bring their spouses to enjoy the unique San Francisco area. We have gathered some tips and resources here to help you plan your visit. In addition, our staff will gladly help you plan activities to make your visit most enjoyable for you and your family.
Within walking distance to our training center:
The CVCTA Training Center is conveniently located in downtown San Francisco in the Embarcadero area, directly across from Embarcadero One.
- Embarcadero Shopping Centers (shops, restaurants, & movie theatre)
- Ferry Building Marketplace (gourmet food shops, farmer’s markets, & restaurants) (www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com)
- Ferries to the charming towns of Sausalito & Tiburon (Ferry schedules)
- Ferry to Alcatraz
- Chinatown (especially Waverly Place)
- Union Square shopping (www.unionsquareshop.com)
- North Beach district
- Coit Tower
Other San Francisco Sites We Recommend:
Golden Gate Bridge: walk or bike across it to experience one of the world's most impressive bridges!
DeYoung Museum: A state-of-the-art facility in Golden Gate Park that integrates art, architecture and natural landscape (www.deyoungmuseum.org)
Golden Gate Park: especially the Japanese Tea Garden & San Francisco Botanical Garden Society at Strybing Arboretum (www.sfbotanicalgarden.org)
Palace of Fine Arts: originally built for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition, also home to the Exploratorium, an interactive science museum (www.exploratorium.edu).
Asian Art Museum of San Francisco: one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art (www.asianart.org)
Legion of Honor: Ancient and European art from 2500 B.C.-20th century (www.legionofhonor.org)